Well, I'm just upgrading my windows to windows 7 64 bit.
Though it have lots of cool new features like gadgets, but some problem arises.
Well 3 of them are :
1. There is no quick launch. It is replaced by pinning the programs to taskbar, but I hate it. So to get it back :
- Right click on a empty space on the taskbar, then select (hover on) Taskbar and click on New Toolbar.
- In the Folder line, type or copy the location : %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
- Click on the Select Folder button
2. Got this msg when trying to connect to vpn : "the operation could not finish because it could not start the remote access connection manager service in time”.
So to repair it :
- Start => type "msconfig.exe"
- on tab general => choose "Diagnostic Startup"
- on tab boot => choose "Safe Boot", and "minimal"
- restart and it will automatically go to safe mode
- Start => run cmd as administrator
- go to "c:\windows\system32\logfiles\wmi"
- type "rename RtBackup RtBackup2"
- then back to msconfig => start => msconfig.exe
- on tab general => choose "normal bootup"
- voila, I can connect to vpn again
3. Some programs wouldnt work as it should :
- 7zip and winrar 32 bit won't go to the right click shortcut. Fixed by installing 7zip 64 bit
- vmware 6.5 cannot connect internet with NAT networking. Fixed by installing VMWare 7